Today is the big “One Nation Working Together” rally. The rally’s website lists a load of ‘progressive’ organizations spanning the political spectrum … the far left side of it. The list is full of many communist and socialist organizations who are endorsing the event.
Here is a small sample:
- Progressive Democrats of America – NYS and NYC
- Progressive Congress Action Fund
- People’s Organization for Progress
- Planned Parenthood
- Physicians for a National Health Program
- New York City Democratic Socialists of America
- National Network Opposing the Militarization of Youth
- National Immigrant Solidarity Network
- National Alliance Against Racist and Political Oppression, Chicago Branch
- Minnesota Coalition for a People’s Bailout
- International Socialist Organization
- Illinois Single Payer Coalition
- Humanist Party, New York City Chapter
- Gay Alliance of the Genesee Valley
- Ex-Offenders Association of PA
- Equality Wisconsin, Inc.
- Detroit Democratic Socialists of America
- Democratic Socialists of America
- Demand Equity Now
- Communist Party USA (CPUSA)
Sadly, I, and many that I know, will not be able to make it to the rally today. We are not socialists, so many of us will be at our jobs.